Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 40
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Летучий ist offline

[Release] G3 ICS (Intuitive Combat System)

(I apologize in advance. English is not my native language)

The modification changes the animations of melee weapons. More intuitive timings for one-handed and two-handed weapons.

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...I6?usp=sharing

Installation: Place the _compiledAnimation folder in the Data folder.
    Deletion: Delete the _compiledAnimation folder.
    Compatibility: This modification is compatible with all mods on the planet and may even be suitable for the Forsaken Gods supplement.

As of version 2.1, this mod contains reworked animations for one-handed weapons created with George's g3blend tool.
    Warning! At the moment quick attacks and power attacks with one-handed weapons are in test mode and will be finalized by me in future versions. In-game, these attacks can sometimes have an unusual raise.
    Demonstration:
    Ver.1.0:
    https://youtu.be/NaL4FcOdmP8
    Ver.2.1:
    https://youtu.be/Qu7-O3hx76g
    Specific changes:
    -Changed the order of animations of attacks with one-handed weapons without a shield. Now it is almost the same as for a one-handed weapon with a shield.
    -All normal one-handed weapon attacks are changed
    -All normal one-handed weapon attacks with a shield are changed
    -All power one-handed weapon attacks are changed
    -All power attacks with one-handed weapons with a shield are changed
    -Power attacks with one-handed weapons are significantly accelerated, now they are slightly faster than enhanced attacks with two-handed weapons
    -All normal two-handed weapon attacks are changed
    -All normal staff attacks are changed
    -The second normal attack of paired weapons is slightly accelerated
    -The hero instantly turn when the camera is rotated (recommended to play with a classic camera)
    -Hero can move backwards and sideways with the same speed as forward.
    -Corrected the stretch with staff in hand in a non-combat stance.

If needed, the old version can be downloaded from the link in the comments.
    Geändert von Летучий (14.03.2024 um 09:23 Uhr)

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Frank97 ist offline
    This is a good idea, is there any chance to change the two handed sword animations? Using the swords with the animations of the great axe makes no sense. In Gothic 1 and 2 the animations had the hero and npcs using those weapons equipping them with both hands on the 2H sword grip

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Летучий ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Frank97 Beitrag anzeigen
    This is a good idea, is there any chance to change the two handed sword animations? Using the swords with the animations of the great axe makes no sense. In Gothic 1 and 2 the animations had the hero and npcs using those weapons equipping them with both hands on the 2H sword grip
    Unfortunately, at the moment all two-handed weapons use a single animation pool. Changes for axes will directly affect the change of two-handed swords. Exception: staffs, they have their own animation pool.

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Frank97 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Летучий Beitrag anzeigen
    Unfortunately, at the moment all two-handed weapons use a single animation pool. Changes for axes will directly affect the change of two-handed swords. Exception: staffs, they have their own animation pool.
    Changing both 2H Swords and 2H Axes would be awesome anyway because using the grip like the hero does in G3 is pretty unrealistic and ugly. You would want to use both hands to equip a two handed sword or a two handed axe.

Indeed in Gothic 1 and 2 also both 2h swords and 2h axes used the same animations but they were a lot better and realistic.

It seems like Gothic 3 being unfinished, PB only created the animations for 2h axes and not specific ones for 2h swords

You seem to have a lot of knowledge about gothic 3 animations, save us from the awful animations of vanilla g3

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Летучий ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Frank97 Beitrag anzeigen
    Changing both 2H Swords and 2H Axes would be awesome anyway because using the grip like the hero does in G3 is pretty unrealistic and ugly. You would want to use both hands to equip a two handed sword or a two handed axe.
    You seem to have a lot of knowledge about gothic 3 animations, save us from the awful animations of vanilla g3
    Yes, I figured out how the animation system works, but, as mentioned above, I don't know how to create or even edit them. To do this, we need a tool for working with 'xmot' format files. If such a tool appears, in theory, it is possible to improve existing animations and add new ones, for example from Risen. From what I've heard, even the CSP team doesn't work with Gothic 3 animations in any way.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von George

George ist offline
    To improve all the changes and make them aesthetically appealing, I need direct access to Gothic 3 animations. I can't upload xmot files to Blender because I haven't found a program to convert these files anywhere.
    However, what has already been done now significantly changes the combat system, making it more intuitive and enjoyable.
    In the near future it should be possible to modify xmot animations in Blender

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Adventurer

shadowtwinz ist offline

Temporary workaround for 2handed weapons? Maybe

Hey, could there be made a workaround with cheat engine + animations modification ? For example 2handed normal blow, made character lunge more further, thus making axes a viable choice? With cheat engine animations can be made faster slower + editing modifications your way could become some sort of workaround and make sense ? Ive played with Suqroll Boss modification that made changes in cheat engine. It had function to lunge forwards or backwards through speed hack when pressing character combination triggering a quick script. Its a rough complex mechanism but may be a temporary viable option.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Летучий ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von George Beitrag anzeigen
    I guess I started making this mod just in time, right?

Zitat Zitat von shadowtwinz Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, could there be made a workaround with cheat engine + animations modification ? For example 2handed normal blow, made character lunge more further, thus making axes a viable choice? With cheat engine animations can be made faster slower + editing modifications your way could become some sort of workaround and make sense ? Ive played with Suqroll Boss modification that made changes in cheat engine. It had function to lunge forwards or backwards through speed hack when pressing character combination triggering a quick script. Its a rough complex mechanism but may be a temporary viable option.
    This is the first time I've heard of Suqroll Boss. If we are talking about the Adrenaline Mod, with the help of a cheat program, he accelerated all animations in equal proportions. My project is not aimed at speeding up per se, but at aligning animations and bringing them to a common speed. As for dashing forward, that's a more interesting topic, as I think Gothic 3 lacks the automatic distance reduction on melee attacks that Risen or any other modern game has. Could you clarify what cheat programs you were talking about earlier?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Hans Wurstenstein

Hans Wurstenstein ist offline
    The faster animations look great. Much more "snappy" like in Risen 1, which had the best combat system in the post-Gothic Era of PB games, imo.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Einmalposter

izu2356 ist offline

Can't download

hi, the links is outdated. Any Chance to reupload? Thx

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Rookie

iJustWanna ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von George Beitrag anzeigen
    I've been waiting for this news for years! Could you give us some more details about modifying xmot animations? A sneak peek of some sort would be great...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Летучий ist offline
    Link restored

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    Just arrived

gjost909 ist offline
    Link restored
    Hope this is okay, i uploaded a backup for future reasons. never know who's gonna need this.

https://mega.nz/file/SKAjDAKD#6MYbqn...JRcQDJn6NBR8_Q

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren
    Neuling

herrnamenlos123 ist offline
    Hi, a few of you seem to have knowledge about G3 animations.
    In fact, I have reverse engineered the .xmot file format and I have a way do decode and re-encode the binary data. My first goal was to extract a G3 animation into blender to replay it, and then re-encode it from blender and when that works, the animation can be edited directly in blender.

I have one issue: All keyframes and bone quaternions are available but the motion is completely off (actor is crippled, but moving in blender). I assume a bone offset or something is missing or some signs flipped.

Do you know anyone that has interest in this and has knowledge about animations, quaternions and G3/blender coordinate transformations? like baltram and his tool suite but he's not active anymore... The decoding part is finished, i just need someone to make sense of the data and I don't have enough time to spare...

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

Jackydima ist offline
    Thats interesting to see. Before pple only changed the filename and cycle of each animation, or sped them up before. But I never heard anybody directly convert animation and add stuff.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Летучий ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von herrnamenlos123 Beitrag anzeigen
    In fact, I have reverse engineered the .xmot file format and I have a way do decode and re-encode the binary data. My first goal was to extract a G3 animation into blender to replay it, and then re-encode it from blender and when that works, the animation can be edited directly in blender.
    Hi. Yes, I know of such a man. His nickname is Auronen, you can find him on Discord. But I haven't talked to him personally, I don't even know if he would waste his time on this.
    The proof is on his YouTube channel:
    https://youtu.be/QfaC7wZTTCc

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren
    Rock Me Amadeus  Avatar von Askanius

Askanius ist offline

I have one issue: All keyframes and bone quaternions are available but the motion is completely off (actor is crippled, but moving in blender). I assume a bone offset or something is missing or some signs flipped.

Do you know anyone that has interest in this and has knowledge about animations, quaternions and G3/blender coordinate transformations? like baltram and his tool suite but he's not active anymore... The decoding part is finished, i just need someone to make sense of the data and I don't have enough time to spare...
    You may get in contact with George here on WoG, too. I think he worked with Auronen to get the animations done. My last info is they never finished this 100%.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren

Hi, a few of you seem to have knowledge about G3 animations. In fact, I have reverse engineered the .xmot file format and I have a way do decode and re-encode the binary data. My first goal was to extract a G3 animation into blender to replay it, and then re-encode it from blender and when that works, the animation can be edited directly in blender. I have one issue: All keyframes and bone quaternions are available but the motion is completely off (actor is crippled, but moving in blender). I assume a bone offset or something is missing or some signs flipped. Do you know anyone that has interest in this and has knowledge about animations, quaternions and G3/blender coordinate transformations? like baltram and his tool suite but he's not active anymore... The decoding part is finished, i just need someone to make sense of the data and I don't have enough time to spare...
    That sounds very exciting. If you managed to import the Risen 1 combat animations into G3, people would probably worship you like a god in the G3 modding community.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Belschwur

Belschwur ist offline
    What about the NPCs? Has their combat animation also been adjusted, or is it just the player who has new animations?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Belschwur Beitrag anzeigen
    What about the NPCs? Has their combat animation also been adjusted, or is it just the player who has new animations?
    Well, it's a Piranha Bytes game, so every human has the same animations.

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »