Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von Constantino67

Constantino67 ist offline

Can't leave Khorinis in chapter 3 (no reaction to The letter...)

sorry to be writing in english, it's not even my native language, but i don't know german and your forum is my last resort, as there is no much information for "oddyssey" on the web. i use the "translate in english" google option to read this thread.

First, congratulations for the mod. it's Epic, it's huge, it's like nothing i have seen before. but you already know that.

my problem is that i can't leave khorinis in chapter 3. i 've done all the important quests, i freed khorinis, i visited jhankedar and when i came back in khorinis, lord andre gave me the letter for baldwin, and it's like the letter never "registered" in the game world.

when i talk to gernot in khorinis port, there is no dialog option. and lord andre has nothing more to say to me.

i managed, through marvin, to get on the ship, but even there, neither gernot, nor baldwin have anything to say to me. i did everything i could think of. i dropped the letter down as roland and then, through marvin (with the key O), i changed character, i picked the letter from the floor as gernot or baldwin, i tried to read it to advance the story, but nothing came out of it.
    i even tried to alter the saves with GVE, changing values i thought were relevant, but still nothing.

i 'm in desperation, i want to continue to play this epic mod and i don't even want to think the possibility of uninstalling it.

please help me.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    OdysseeModTeam Avatar von blackpirate

blackpirate ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Constantino67 Beitrag anzeigen
    sorry to be writing in english, it's not even my native language, but i don't know german and your forum is my last resort, as there is no much information for "oddyssey" on the web. i use the "translate in english" google option to read this thread.

First, congratulations for the mod. it's Epic, it's huge, it's like nothing i have seen before. but you already know that.

my problem is that i can't leave khorinis in chapter 3. i 've done all the important quests, i freed khorinis, i visited jhankedar and when i came back in khorinis, lord andre gave me the letter for baldwin, and it's like the letter never "registered" in the game world.

when i talk to gernot in khorinis port, there is no dialog option. and lord andre has nothing more to say to me.

i managed, through marvin, to get on the ship, but even there, neither gernot, nor baldwin have anything to say to me. i did everything i could think of. i dropped the letter down as roland and then, through marvin (with the key O), i changed character, i picked the letter from the floor as gernot or baldwin, i tried to read it to advance the story, but nothing came out of it.
    i even tried to alter the saves with GVE, changing values i thought were relevant, but still nothing.

i 'm in desperation, i want to continue to play this epic mod and i don't even want to think the possibility of uninstalling it.

please help me.
    Did you find the diggers and send them to the ship? Did you say goodbye to Seian at the observatory? If yes, then show a screen of your current quests.

Der Krieg gegen die Orks schien verloren, - da machte sich eine Gruppe von Paladinen auf die Welt zu retten:
    ODYSSEE - IM AUFTRAG DES KÖNIGS

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

Thanks for answering.

yes, i ve done everything in the diggers quest and sent them to the ship with the fisherman that i don't remember his name right now..

but maybe there's a problem with seian. i read in "the observatory" quest log that i must talk to him before leaving Khorinis, but he has not any new option in dialog, just the trade option and the "learn magic" options.
    one more thing, as you can see i havent finished the "chest in the observatory" quest as my lockpicking level is 3 and i haven't been able to find a lockpicking teacher till now.

also, there's the quest "black mage in khorinis" in my current quests, i freed Cedric through the GVE tool, because he wouldn't move (maybe he liked the jail, i don't know... ).
    and i can see now that in the "important quests in khorinis" log, there's no mention of me freeing him.

i somehow managed to make a mess somewhere between seian and cedric, i guess.

here's a screenshot of the quest log, if that is what you asked me to send

[Bild: 382802498_10228094512979581_5273223793677604148_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=49d041&_nc_ohc=2ii6XLZ4_MkAX-UpNxZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fath2-1.fna&oh=00_AfCpUANAUX5QPMsmy8BVeu4BZs0Oj-l3nLcNo6ftFVWZHw&oe=65151F81]
    Geändert von Constantino67 (23.09.2023 um 20:46 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren

blackpirate ist offline
    Thanks for answering.

yes, i ve done everything in the diggers quest and sent them to the ship with the fisherman that i don't remember his name right now..

but maybe there's a problem with seian. i read in "the observatory" quest log that i must talk to him before leaving Khorinis, but he has not any new option in dialog, just the trade option and the "learn magic" options.
    one more thing, as you can see i havent finished the "chest in the observatory" quest as my lockpicking level is 3 and i haven't been able to find a lockpicking teacher till now.

also, there's the quest "black mage in khorinis" in my current quests, i freed Cedric through the GVE tool, because he wouldn't move (maybe he liked the jail, i don't know... ).
    and i can see now that in the "important quests in khorinis" log, there's no mention of me freeing him.

i somehow managed to make a mess somewhere between seian and cedric, i guess.

here's a screenshot of the quest log, if that is what you asked me to send

[Bild: 382802498_10228094512979581_5273223793677604148_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=49d041&_nc_ohc=2ii6XLZ4_MkAX-UpNxZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fath2-1.fna&oh=00_AfCpUANAUX5QPMsmy8BVeu4BZs0Oj-l3nLcNo6ftFVWZHw&oe=65151F81]
    The Quest "Black Magic in Khorinis" must be completed. This is only possible if you have Donshak's letter and show it to Cedric. Then you can complete the Quest with Gernot. Afterwards, one should also bone the quest with the observatory at Seian. The chest in the observatory can only be opened in Chapter 5.

Der Krieg gegen die Orks schien verloren, - da machte sich eine Gruppe von Paladinen auf die Welt zu retten:

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

i have the donshak letter (i think...). isn't it the translated order to mardok? here is a screen from my inventory:

[Bild: 382721957_10228101327869949_38034546236177646_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=49d041&_nc_ohc=TBY171lbC0AAX9m_rHD&_nc_ht=scontent.fath2-1.fna&oh=00_AfBVhN-fNMmwYIlzHHBFumHFyIbe8-Ixlz0eUnE4GFdPzw&oe=651612FC]

i have it ages in my inv but cedric doesn't respond to it, i 'm afraid. went again now in the upper town where he trains in the yard to talk to him, but no new options in the dialogue. i guess that's where the problem lies.
    if you can point me out to some changes in the cedric dialogue or some other values in the GVE tool or some other way to bypass cedric's stuborness to aknowledge the letter, i 'd be delighted.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

blackpirate ist offline
    i have the donshak letter (i think...). isn't it the translated order to mardok? here is a screen from my inventory:

[Bild: 382721957_10228101327869949_38034546236177646_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=49d041&_nc_ohc=TBY171lbC0AAX9m_rHD&_nc_ht=scontent.fath2-1.fna&oh=00_AfBVhN-fNMmwYIlzHHBFumHFyIbe8-Ixlz0eUnE4GFdPzw&oe=651612FC]

i have it ages in my inv but cedric doesn't respond to it, i 'm afraid. went again now in the upper town where he trains in the yard to talk to him, but no new options in the dialogue. i guess that's where the problem lies.
    if you can point me out to some changes in the cedric dialogue or some other values in the GVE tool or some other way to bypass cedric's stuborness to aknowledge the letter, i 'd be delighted.
    No, that's not the letter. Donshak carries the letter with him and you have to steal it.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren

we re getting there, it seems!!

funny thing. i was 99% sure i killed donshak and looted his body in the battle outside onar's farm... anyway, i did what you told me, called back from the dead donshak through marvin and killed him again. he had the letter alright, i showed it to gernot, he read it and updated some quests, i went to seian, he had new dialogue options too and we said our goodbyes.

the only thing left to do is free cedric. i spoke to him having the letter in my inv, before talking to gernot or after talking to gernot. in both cases, he doesn't move from the cell. and doesn't have any new dialog.

and this is what is written in the "captured paladin" quest log:

[Bild: 382802468_10228102520739770_5825845100727272941_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=49d041&_nc_ohc=LQrGz5w0ifAAX9CC7Fg&_nc_ht=scontent.fath2-1.fna&oh=00_AfCpIbkAwyyVP5Fr9x3Wxuy7mZW0OVJblp7bNZpe52SJxg&oe=6514C059]

it's clear. he doesn't want to leave the cell, he got used to it i guess. please, tell me what variable to change in the GVE, so he finally gets out and i can hopefully continue this awesome mod.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

update:

i played a save I had, just before liberating khorinis. as you pointed out, i took the donshak letter, went to gernot with it and then to seian.
    then went back to the city and this time i slept not until midnight but 3 a.m.
    i honestly don't know if that had anything to do with it, but this time cedric had a new option in his dialog, and thank the gods, he stepped at last out of the f*..ing cell.
    now i m getting ready for the trip to varant.

a million thanks @blackpirate. you re a life savior.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren

blackpirate ist offline
    Glad it worked.