Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 77
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von George

George ist offline

[Beta] Gothic 3 Animation Importer/Exporter for Blender

The renewed interest lately in animation import/export has motivated me to revisit the second iteration of my Blender addon.
    It imports .xact files and .xmot files, and is also able to export .xmot again.
    There are still a lot of things to work on in terms of usability and functionality, and there are still some bugs, but for a first beta it's fine.

You can find installation instructions and the source code on Github: https://github.com/georgeto/g3blend

Have fun!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Apprentice

iJustWanna ist offline
    I can't believe that it is finally possible to modify animations Well done George!!!

Any chance CSP will make use of it?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Giovani goth ist offline
    Bedeutet das, dass das Kampfsystem endlich geändert werden kann?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Giovani goth Beitrag anzeigen
    Bedeutet das, dass das Kampfsystem endlich geändert werden kann?
    Es ist zumindest ein erster Baustein dafür, zur Überarbeitung des Kampfsystem gehört dann aber doch noch deutlich mehr dazu.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Gregox

Gregox ist offline
    Gratuliere dir zu dem Erfolg! Auch, wenn es erst eine Beta ist, ist es ein wirklich bedeutender Schritt in die Richtung von Dingen, die zuvor fast unantastbar waren (Kampfsystem, neue Tiere, animierte Objekte?) und doch die letzten großen Kritikpunkte am Spiel lösbar macht.

Tolle Arbeit damit!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Hans Wurstenstein

Hans Wurstenstein ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von George Beitrag anzeigen
    Es ist zumindest ein erster Baustein dafür, zur Überarbeitung des Kampfsystem gehört dann aber doch noch deutlich mehr dazu.
    Absoluter Gamechanger für's Gothic 3 Modding! Das wird den Moddern sehr viele neue Möglichkeiten eröffnen. Danke für deine Arbeit.

Bin sehr gespannt darauf, was die Leute daraus machen werden. Gerade die Animationen und das schwammige Kampfverhalten waren in G3 immer ein besonders wunder Punkt. Vielleicht lässt sich damit sogar eine Progressionsmechanik wie in G1/2/R1 realisieren, die nach und nach neue Animationen/Kombos freischaltet? Oder vielleicht sogar das Gothic 1/2 Kampfsystem.
    Geändert von Hans Wurstenstein (25.02.2024 um 14:09 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Neuling

gekoN ist offline
    I have an issue with this addon, namely when I try importing and exporting the same .xmot animation without even modifying it, it gets deformed in-game (in this case Hero_Stand_None_None_P0_Move_Walk_N_Fwd_00_%_00_P0_160.xmot)
    I tried using both Blender 3.6.9 and 4.0.2 but the issue is still occuring.
    Is this something I'm doing wrong? (I wouldn't be surprised though )
    [Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=53460&d=1708887654&thumb=1]
    (I've also attached .blend and the exported .xmot file for clarity)
    Angehängte Dateien

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Rock Me Amadeus  Avatar von Askanius

Askanius ist offline
    Could you use the Addon in Blender? Did the activation work without errors? Because I got a crash when trying to activate the addon with Blender 2.79

[Bild: xZW03hpUnbenannt.png]

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Askanius Beitrag anzeigen
    Could you use the Addon in Blender? Did the activation work without errors? Because I got a crash when trying to activate the addon with Blender 2.79
    I have tested the addon with Blender 3.6.0 and 4.0.0, so it probably uses some functionality that is not available in Blender 2.79.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von kukiszeq Beitrag anzeigen
    I have an issue with this addon, namely when I try importing and exporting the same .xmot animation without even modifying it, it gets deformed in-game (in this case Hero_Stand_None_None_P0_Move_Walk_N_Fwd_00_%_00_P0_160.xmot)
    I tried using both Blender 3.6.9 and 4.0.2 but the issue is still occuring.
    Is this something I'm doing wrong? (I wouldn't be surprised though )
    [Bild: attachment.php?attachmentid=53460&d=1708887654&thumb=1]
    (I've also attached .blend and the exported .xmot file for clarity)
    Thanks for your report, should be fixed with v0.0.2 that was released just now.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Neuling

gekoN ist offline
    Thanks for the fix, it seems to be exporting fine now although I think I found another bug (not quite sure if that's the addon's fault).

When I'm trying to import certain xmot's for models like for example G3_Hero_Body_Player the animation gets slightly distorted as if some bones were getting bent in wrong direction, however I've noticed that's not the case for the other models like scavenger.
    I've once again attached the .blend file so you can see what I mean. (in this case I used Hero_Stand_None_1H_P0_PowerAttack_Raise_N_Fwd_00_%_00_P0_0_R.xmot, you can see the body getting skewed and the right hand clipping into the body).

I'd also like to mention - great job with this addon. Doubted we would ever be able to modify the animations
    Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von gekoN (26.02.2024 um 18:48 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von kukiszeq Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for the fix, it seems to be exporting fine now although I think I found another bug (not quite sure if that's the addon's fault).

When I'm trying to import certain xmot's for models like for example G3_Hero_Body_Player the animation gets slightly distorted as if some bones were getting bent in wrong direction, however I've noticed that's not the case for the other models like scavenger.
    I've once again attached the .blend file so you can see what I mean. (in this case I used Hero_Stand_None_1H_P0_PowerAttack_Raise_N_Fwd_00_%_00_P0_0_R.xmot, you can see the body getting skewed and the right hand clipping into the body).

I'd also like to mention - great job with this addon. Doubted we would ever be able to modify the animations
    Thanks again for your feedback
    I have good news, with g3blend 0.0.3 the animations finally play back correctly in Blender and also re-exported correctly, at least in my tests with the two animations you mentioned.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Летучий ist offline
    Hello. Thank you for this wonderful tool.
    Question. How to bind a sound to a modified animation. Unfortunately, when I modify a person's animation, it loses the link to the sound, which is usually specified in the animation file.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Летучий Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello. Thank you for this wonderful tool.
    Question. How to bind a sound to a modified animation. Unfortunately, when I modify a person's animation, it loses the link to the sound, which is usually specified in the animation file.
    Indeed, that was not handled yet, added support for importing/exporting frame effects in g3blend 0.0.4.
    It is even possible to modify the frame effects, see the README.

If you want to re-add the frame effects to an animation that you imported with g3blend 0.0.3, you can manually add the `frame_effects` property to the corresponding action (as Type for the property select Python).

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Davion_Knight ist offline
    Error while importing Anim\Hero_Stand_2H_None_P0_Ambient_Ambient_N_Fwd_00_%_00_P0_0.xmot: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'children'

4.0 version of blender, gives me that message, what exactly i'm doing wrong?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Davion_Knight Beitrag anzeigen
    Error while importing Anim\Hero_Stand_2H_None_P0_Ambient_Ambient_N_Fwd_00_%_00_P0_0.xmot: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'children'

4.0 version of blender, gives me that message, what exactly i'm doing wrong?
    You first have to import and select the actor (xact) for which you want to import an animation.
    Will add a more helpful error message in the future

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren
    Apprentice

You first have to import and select the actor (xact) for which you want to import an animation.
    Will add a more helpful error message in the future
    Thanks, tried edit a bit animation it worked in-game, but sadly i can't reimport it again in blender, model doesn't appear there, dunno rly what wrong this time
    [Bild: image.png?ex=65ff754a&is=65ed004a&hm=ff08fe5b4838b7e42170bcf0ee369187462e6494ec9b2a6efde7a992f55fb847&]
    Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von Davion_Knight (10.03.2024 um 00:58 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren

George ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Davion_Knight Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks, tried edit a bit animation it worked in-game, but sadly i can't reimport it again in blender, model doesn't appear there, dunno rly what wrong this time
    Had a look at your xmot, the model also disappears for when I import the animation. Not sure what went wrong there.
    Geändert von George (10.03.2024 um 12:16 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Had a look at your xmot, the model also disappears for when I import the animation. Not sure what went wrong there.
    It doesn't rly like this option (Location, Rotation & Scale, tested with Available option it saves changes and after export there is no issue with re-import
    Scale / Location, Rotation, Scale & Custom Properties / Location & Scale / Rotation & Scale one makes model invisible after re-import, other stretches mesh
    [Bild: image.png?ex=66001512&is=65eda012&hm=f37f4f95892d732b2d7fba4a115da448b30cdf55e27076a9e4681fabe89bac5a&]

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren

George ist offline
    In the meantime I found the bug that caused your exported xmot to get corrupted.
    Your animation added/changed the scale property of one or more bones, so the xmot exporter creates scale keyframes.
    And in the calculations it does for scale keyframes there was mistake.

When importing your xmot without scale it works fine.
    Hero_Stand_None_2H_P0_Attack_Hit_N_Fwd_00___00_P1_90_R_ImportNoScale.7z

With the just released g3blend 0.0.5 I fixed the bug, so that importing/exporting animations with scale should now work correctly.
    Thanks for your helpful bug report

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »