Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 23
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline

[Release] Combat Animation Overhaul 2H (Hero/Humans)

Hello,

so here is my beta version (V0.1) of the 2H Combat Animation Overhaul for Humans.

[Video]

Installation:

Drop all animation files from the rar file to Gothic 3 folder ... /Data/_compiledAnimation .

Consider this a first beta version. Left to do:
    - Polishing several animations, specially in regards to running and position changes
    - Whirlattack
    - Edit weapon stance to match Axes, (or create a separate set of animations for axes alltogether)

Please report bugs and suggestions here in this thread.

Have Fun
    Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von Beorn33 (23.04.2024 um 19:15 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Летучий ist offline
    Played it for a while, really liked it. I will allow myself to make a few suggestions:
    1)The normal attack on the right lacks a bit of frame to swing. This makes it seem slower than the original one.
    2)Pay attention to FinishingAtack, it seems to need tweaking for the new blocking animation now too.
    3)Considering that you have the blocking animation implemented from the right stance, I suggest completely switching the entire animation pool to the right stance as the default. That's how it's done in all games I know of except Gothic 3. To make it clearer what I mean, I've attached the animation pool to this post. I had to borrow a couple animations from another mod just as a demonstration.
    Translated by DeepL
    Right Stand 2H.rar

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Летучий Beitrag anzeigen
    Played it for a while, really liked it. I will allow myself to make a few suggestions:
    1)The normal attack on the right lacks a bit of frame to swing. This makes it seem slower than the original one.
    2)Pay attention to FinishingAtack, it seems to need tweaking for the new blocking animation now too.
    3)Considering that you have the blocking animation implemented from the right stance, I suggest completely switching the entire animation pool to the right stance as the default. That's how it's done in all games I know of except Gothic 3. To make it clearer what I mean, I've attached the animation pool to this post. I had to borrow a couple animations from another mod just as a demonstration.
    Translated by DeepL
    Right Stand 2H.rar
    Thanks for your feedback.

1) Yes i might tweek it a bit, here it actually plays the same amount of frames as the original one, the original one just seem so awkward one did not notice how slow it actually was . I actually kindof like a rather "slow" approach for combat as i hate those ridicolous fast attacks of modern games, but i will take a look
    2) The finisher is not completed yes, the raise and recovery is somewhat done. The recovery blends into the normal stance, meaning when you keep blocking you might see a rather fast twist (but thats always with blocking atm, specially due to what you mentioned in point 3.)
    3) Yes i know what you mean and i thought about it. It is just a lot work . And in between my Job and my 6 month year old i hardly find the time . For now i am trying to "fix" the existing pool. But maybe in the future i will check it out.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Davion_Knight ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Beorn33 Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for your feedback.

1) Yes i might tweek it a bit, here it actually plays the same amount of frames as the original one, the original one just seem so awkward one did not notice how slow it actually was . I actually kindof like a rather "slow" approach for combat as i hate those ridicolous fast attacks of modern games, but i will take a look
    Maybe try Linear option if you used Bezier, probably it should give animation a bit sharpness
    [Bild: image.png?ex=662bd274&is=66195d74&hm=40e91810ace82d0ae548a1e688326cb023a17310654f2bd593851af0f75bdb46&]

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Davion_Knight Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe try Linear option if you used Bezier, probably it should give animation a bit sharpness
    It`s all linear. As far as i understood George Bezier ist not possible with G3, and the exporter also gives out an error if you try Bezier. But i will look into it as soon as i have time.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Apprentice

It`s all linear. As far as i understood George Bezier ist not possible with G3, and the exporter also gives out an error if you try Bezier. But i will look into it as soon as i have time.
    Nah, u can select every single keyframe, and make it Bezier and it will work, but if you did it Linear - So be it

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline
    Hi, i have improved the existing animations a little bit and also added one overlay ani. Without it, the weapon position glitched shortly when it was drawn while running. This should be fixed now. The two main swings are also slightly pointed more downwards (really only slightly), so fighting downhill might hit more. Download of V0.2 is available in the first post.

For me the weapon meshes of the swords have also always been way to big while axes meshes were kindof too small. I currently attempting to change that and i would like to share my first results. Put the files of the rar file below in Gothic 3 .. /Data/_compiledMesh to try it out. The basic two hander is smaller, the rusty two hander is smaller but the bartaxe is bigger. Some 1h swords are also reduced in size. This looks better. As i play through G3 i will adapt further weapons, consider this a beta for now.

Have fun!
    Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von Beorn33 (17.04.2024 um 16:28 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline
    Also, please consider to use Jackydimas script to separate 2H Axes from 2H Swords animationwise. You can find it in https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...tionen-Modding .
    The overhaul here is intended for swords, and in the future i will adapt the animations for 2H Axes as well, so that both categories will look good and feel somewhat natural for their respective weapons, as i think axes should be swung a bit differently and the block and stance should be different.

Check the video to see the different meshes:
    [Video]
    Geändert von Beorn33 (16.04.2024 um 22:47 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Hi, i have improved the existing animations a little bit and also added one overlay ani. Without it, the weapon position glitched shortly when it was drawn while running. This should be fixed now. The two main swings are also slightly pointed more downwards (really only slightly), so fighting downhill might hit more. Download of V0.2 is available in the first post.

For me the weapon meshes of the swords have also always been way to big while axes meshes were kindof too small. I currently attempting to change that and i would like to share my first results. Put the files of the rar file below in Gothic 3 .. /Data/_compiledMesh to try it out. The basic two hander is smaller, the rusty two hander is smaller but the bartaxe is bigger. Some 1h swords are also reduced in size. This looks better and further balances the combat so that 2h really has a reach advantage over 1h. As i play through G3 i will adapt further weapons, consider this a beta for now.

Have fun!
    Mesh itself doesn't change collision of weapon, weapon template does this
    And problem isn't in models, push force, swing animation and frames does all the mess with 2H (Only axes are rly bad because of short handles, and G3 doesn't even have axe similar to G1/G2 Lee's axe (Even so - In G1/G2 axes were most of time third best weapons with its reach, losing a bit comparing to longest 1H, but were near to them, while in G3 there is absolutely different situation)

If you rly want make a bit advantage with 2H, just move a bit forward Hero model (without ROOT bone in blender) when he swings his sword, so it will relocate him a bit forward from original spot and will give that small advantage
    Geändert von Davion_Knight (17.04.2024 um 13:42 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline
    Mesh itself doesn't change collision of weapon, weapon template does this
    And problem isn't in models, push force, swing animation and frames does all the mess with 2H (Only axes are rly bad because of short handles, and G3 doesn't even have axe similar to G1/G2 Lee's axe (Even so - In G1/G2 axes were most of time third best weapons with its reach, losing a bit comparing to longest 1H, but were near to them, while in G3 there is absolutely different situation)

If you rly want make a bit advantage with 2H, just move a bit forward Hero model (without ROOT bone in blender) when he swings his sword, so it will relocate him a bit forward from original spot and will give that small advantage
    Ah crap i thought it was the other way around with the reach, but you are right is just checked the bounding boxes, which are the same. I corrected my post. I might change the template as well. Still i like my shorter meshes just lookswise.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Ah crap i thought it was the other way around with the reach, but you are right is just checked the bounding boxes, which are the same. I corrected my post. I might change the template as well. Still i like my shorter meshes just lookswise.
    If you still wanna change collision box using g3dit
    This two lines corresponds to weapon collision box in length (Default sword has a bit different numbers, because of collision rotation, i think it had Pitch -89.xx)
    49.20x + 90.79x = 140.xx reach
    [Bild: image.png?ex=66326911&is=661ff411&hm=19263e0c42c843d8673ca99b3c4f5b86e994b5ed62f1074e75cba2c0433b15f9&]

And yeah, did u replace my old template for blender with new one? It may be useful for you.
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...1#post27347607
    Geändert von Davion_Knight (17.04.2024 um 17:56 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline
    If you still wanna change collision box using g3dit
    This two lines corresponds to weapon collision box in length (Default sword has a bit different numbers, because of collision rotation, i think it had Pitch -89.xx)
    49.20x + 90.79x = 140.xx reach

And yeah, did u replace my old template for blender with new one? It may be useful for you.
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...1#post27347607
    Thanks for the tip. I actually use your weapon meshes in Blender. It helps a lot thanks.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Gothic3 Mesh Converter calculate the g3dit collision box information:
    [Bild: ColShape.png]

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zitat Zitat von MadFaTal Beitrag anzeigen
    Gothic3 Mesh Converter calculate the g3dit collision box information:
    Huh (Didn't rly worked much with G3 Mesh Converter) now i understand why LTM's Claw of Beliar has such weird collision shape (Skull is taken into account, so collision is much bigger than it should be, don't mentioning that sword itself is pretty oversized (Welp - Model was made like so) comparing to any other swords in G3)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    Bücherwolf  Avatar von HerrFenrisWolf

HerrFenrisWolf ist offline
    The 2H block stance wouldn't work in "real fight", if the impact wouldn't be right where the handle is. That makes it a bit weird looking to me. A sword is bascially a lever, you loose control/power over it the longer the way from the hands you hold it in gets. So a longer lever like a two handed sword shouldn't be hold far away from the body (the point you want to protect) while blocking, because that makes it more likely you get it hit (while blocking) at point of the lever, that just will make it flip/swing back at your own body.

The way you make the block look now would be working, if both swordsman would be in a kind of close fight, having bound both swords together, now trying to out lever the other sword.

EDIT:
    This post is not meant to demotivate, I am happy someone wants to work on the animations of G3.
    Geändert von HerrFenrisWolf (19.04.2024 um 10:22 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline
    I am not trying to make it "real" as these attempts are doomed to fail. Every block/parade would need to be some sort of counter move to the opponents weapon. G1/2 tried to simulate this a bit by showing alternate block animations everytime you blocked. G3 blocks via a stance, so i have to choose one position, and it should be rather distinct from other stances. Right now, i think it is the best solution but i always welcome feedback.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

Jackydima ist gerade online
    I am not trying to make it "real" as these attempts are doomed to fail. Every block/parade would need to be some sort of counter move to the opponents weapon. G1/2 tried to simulate this a bit by showing alternate block animations everytime you blocked. G3 blocks via a stance, so i have to choose one position, and it should be rather distinct from other stances. Right now, i think it is the best solution but i always welcome feedback.

I think holding the weapon more like the block im skyrim with two handed swords or closer to the vanilla here is actually better now, with your changed animation anyways. Like holding the weapon defensive up with one hand on its blade

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline
    [Bild: JHnzSmHc]Thanks for the Feedback. If i come to it, i will see what i can do!

In the meantime, V0.3 is out (in the first post). The whirlwind is done. I did not have the time to do anything fancy, but the hero consistently swings the weapons with two hands at least.

Currently, i am working on weapon meshes and hitboxes. I noticed that the pool of 2H weapons is a bit suboptimal. If you don't like axes, you basically run around with the two-hander until you find high tier stuff, with nothing in between. So i will adapt axes, change their animations and adjust their reach/hitboxes. I also think about adding another two handed sword, like "heavy two hander" or so to have something closing the gap.

The first thing i did for the pool was to change the mesh of the Berserker Rage Axe as it looked beyond ridicolous. Therefore i cloned the Bardiche (Bartaxt) and mirrored the blade:
    https://postimg.cc/JHnzSmHc
    [Bild: JHnzSmHc]

[Bild: attachment.php?s=53e1644bf186afea8e7c7ff58584848e&attachmentid=53608&d=1713897619&thumb=1]

Its length will be increased, and maybe i will swap the entire mesh with the Schlachtbeil or Berserker-Axe as those looks more high tier and could be the "best axe", while this new axe mesh could be mid tier. (Not sure how to adapt that little Icon picture though)
    Geändert von Beorn33 (23.04.2024 um 19:44 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline
    Here is a little showcase of the axe mesh overhaul. First swing and block animations are also visible (work in progress).

[Video]

I need to edit the actual hitbox in the templates still. Also have to change and polish some meshes. Then all animations must be done. I also have an idea how to visually improve the 2h-Sword block.
    Furthermore the stumble animations while blocking are too wild, i guess it makes sense to tune them down.

Yeah a ton of work, hope i have some weekends free

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Beorn33 ist offline
    Here the progress so far:

[Video]

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »